Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sweet Lorraine's - Berkley


A few weeks ago I met some friends at Sweet Lorraine's at lunch to celebrate a birthday. Sweet Lorraine's has been in Southfield (near Berkley) for years and has always been one of my favorite places to go to to go to for brunch on weekends. They also have a great lunch and dinner menu with fresh ingredients combined in interesting ways.


The decor is modern, a bit funky, with rich jewel tone colors. In all the years that I have eaten at Sweet Lorraines, this was the first time I have eaten in this side room.


Several of us ordered the flavored ice tea. Loved the curly straw! The tea was flavored with syrup, way too sweet for my taste.


Excuse this bad picture (still learning how to take pictures on my iPhone), but I had to include it because the bread is so amazing. I love the dipping sauce!


Someone ordered the chicken kebobs - what a spectacular presentation!


I had a fish special dish and I have totally forgotten what kind of fish it was - it might have been whitefish, but don't quote me on that! It had an excellent Asian sauce, rice, and snow peas. The snow peas were cooked just the way I liked them. The umbrella was a cute touch.


Our server, Jennifer, was one of the nicest waitresses (can you still use that word?) that I have had in a long time! We were a large group of very chatty ladies and she laughed with us, told us about all the good things on the menu, was patient as we figured out what to order. She had genuine enthusiasm for the dishes on the menu and really seemed to have fun as she served us! She deserves four stars!

Sweet Lorraine's Cafe & Bar on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

melissa said...

looks lovely! I've only been to the Sweet Lorraine's in Livonia (at the hotel there)...glad that it was so enjoyable, especially for the birthday gal! :)

YayaOrchid said...

The food looks excellent! Glad you had a great time!

Jeanne said...

The food and service were great, but the best part for me was celebrating my birthday with my wonderful friends from SCS!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin