Friday, July 15, 2011

Vintage Key and Earring Necklaces

DSC_1048


When making the necklaces out of vintage earrings, I noticed how cute the earrings looked when combined with some of my vintage keys. I ended up playing with lots of combinations and taping them onto a file folder to figure out which ones I liked best.

DSC_0954

I used the 2 part epoxy (tutorial here) to attach the earrings to the keys. I think the end results are darling!

DSC_1046

DSC_1047

If you are looking for more inspiration on how to remix vintage jewelry, here is a book that might provide more inspiration: Vintage Revised Jewelry

DSC_1055

DSC_1056

DSC_1058


DSC_1044

This last one combines a chandelier crystal with a vintage drop earring:

DSC_1053

4 comments:

meghan said...

Wow! Can I purchase one of those?!

Karen Bosch said...

Hi, Meghan. Right now I don't have any way set up to sell them online, that wasn't my plan. I'm heading out of town and taking a few with me to sell at a conference I'm attending. Let me get back to you when I return, ok?

Meghan said...

Sounds good. Thanks!

Renée said...

Karen, these are AMAZING! I love them...you really should try selling them!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin