Friday, July 22, 2011

Mango Vinaigrette

DSC_0846

My friend Sally has a great recipe for a raspberry salad dressing that uses raspberry preserves as the base. I have tried her idea using all kinds of preserves to make dressings and it works great. My recent experiment was using this new Mango Butter from Trader Joe's. It makes the most wonderful sweet and tangy vinaigrette ever!

Mango Vinaigrette


1/3 cup mango jam
1/4 cup canola oil
4 Tablespoons rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon mirin (can omit)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil

DSC_0864

Put all ingredients into a container. Use an immersion blender to whip the dressing together. I used my Braun stick blender (which I love) but you could also use a wisk to blend by hand.

DSC_0850

Use a funnel to pour into a pretty jar.

DSC_0871

This dressing is wonderful when used on a salad topped with grilled chicken, strawberries, and cashews!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh my. I want some. NOW. American Spoon Foods use to make pineapple butter - I can imagine how good it would be in this recipe.

Too bad the closest Trader Joe's is about 5 hours away. Boo Hoo. I wonder if ASF makes Mango Butter? They're only an hour away...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin