Saturday, July 30, 2011

Shipshe - Shopping


My friend Jenni and I usually make a summer day trip to Shipshewana, Indiana for some shopping and fun. We missed last year, but managed to squeeze in a visit this July. We have a routine: a few hours at the flea market, then downtown for a pretzel at JoJos, wandering our favorite shops, a stop at the antique mall, and then dinner and a bit more shopping at Essenhaus.

Didn't buy much this year, but here are my purchases:


A quilted purse by Bella Taylor. My Vera Bradley purse that I received as a gift is starting to show some wear. This one is in a similar style, has lots of pockets, and is a perfect size to carry my iPad plus lots of other stuff. Plus it was much cheaper, half off at the flea market. I love the paisley and the colors.


A few vintage earrings. Looked for more vintage keys with no luck!


Some seasonings from the Amish bulk food store. Great prices!

Pictures were given that vintage touch using the Instagram app on my iPhone.

1 comment:

peggy said...

I really like those pictures Karen. I haven't been to Ship in years. Last time, someone told me we didn't really "do" the flea market because we walked down the middle of the rows of vendors and looked at both sides. They said that was cheating.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin