Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Roasted Garlic and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta


I've been enjoying making this easy pasta sauce. It's more like a pesto, without the basil. Roast 2 heads of garlic in the oven with some olive oil. When done, pop the cloves out of the skins into a food processor with about 1 1/2 cups sun dried tomatoes (without oil), 3/4 cups parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup olive oil and blitz. (Note, I don't really measure this, I just dump.)

Cook your pasta. This time it was a whole wheat linguini. SAVE about a cup of the pasta water before draining. I always forget to do this, and I recently heard the suggestion to put your measuring cup in/near the strainer so you don't forget.


Toss the sauce with the warm pasta and add the pasta water as needed to get it the consistency that you desire. It will be more chunky than creamy smooth, but it coats the pasta into a nice orange with lovely flavorful bits. I add a few pine nuts and top with a bit more cheese before serving.

1 comment:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

So good, I can almost smell it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin