Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Baker's Deli - Beaumont Hospital




My friend Andrea has now been in the hospital for two months - going through surgeries, rehab, procedures, progress, and set backs. This week she had what we hope is her final major surgery, so we hope and pray for steady progress over the next few weeks. She still cannot walk or talk, but her cognition is good, so we have faith that she will make many gains with therapy.





So I have been spending much time dining at the hospital. And my downfall has been The Baker's Deli which is located in the atrium of the south tower of Beaumont Hospital. It truly is worth a visit, even if you aren't at the hospital. Some of my favorites:


These chocolate almond ganache bars have a gooey layer of almond paste.




Cupcakes decorated with pretty frosting flowers



The sugar cookies are amazing! Thick and soft with just the right coating of frosting glaze. Pretty too!

They also have nice fresh sandwiches on good breads. I don't like mayo, but I've been told the chicken salad with almonds and dried cherries is excellent.

So if you stop in to visit Andrea, you might also want to get a little treat from the bakery!

-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I will have to check out that bakery the next time I go in for my physical.

Have you had a chance to visit the yarn store yet?

You are a wonderful friend to be so supportive of your friend during this difficult time.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin