Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes


I love pencil thin spring asparagus! Here is the easy no measure way that I prepared it over the weekend:

First, I took an 8 x 8 pan and covered it in foil (for a no mess clean up). I tossed in a package of cherry tomatoes cut in half, added about a quarter of an onion chopped in large pieces, and drizzled the entire thing with a bit of olive oil. I seasoned it with some salt and Italian seasoning. Then I roasted it for about an hour at 450 degrees. The onions and tomatoes will get a golden caramelized edge when they are almost done. Toss in a spoonful or so of chopped garlic and return to the oven for about 10 minutes more.

Take a cookie sheet and cover it with foil. Lay out the cleaned asparagus in a neat row and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and roast for about 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and plate using a spatula to keep it in a neat row. Add the tomato mixture on top.


This is my new secret weapon - the Pecorino Romano cheese from Trader Joes. I sprinkle it on almost everything (except chocolate)! Sprinkle the cheese over the asparagus. I have an abundance of fresh parsley in my garden, so I chopped some of that and added it over the top. A bit of fresh ground pepper was the final touch.

I'm not a big fan of vegetables, but I could eat this like candy!

2 comments:

Renée said...

Karen, this looks soooo delicious! Where did you get your asparagus? I think I'd like to tr this :).

Karen Bosch said...

Joe's Produce in Livonia.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin