Thursday, September 5, 2013

Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Crust


I think I have finally come up with a rustic pizza crust that I like a lot!  I am posting this recipe so I don't forget what I did.  Here is a slice topped with apple butter and caramelized onions, kalamata olives, goat cheese, pecans, and fresh rosemary.

Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

2 cups unbleached regular flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup water
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoon quick rise yeast

I mixed the dough in my bread machine and let it rise for 2 hours.  You could also knead by hand or in a food processor, but I still love the bread machine because it takes 2 minutes to toss in the ingredients and it does all the work and keeps it at the perfect temperature to rise.

Divide into 2 sections and let rest 10 minutes.  Then roll out thin as possible on a floured surface.  

After adding toppings, I baked on a pizza stone in a very hot 500 degree plus oven for about 8 minutes.     (Preheat the oven/pizza stone for at least 30 minutes so it is very hot.)



2 comments:

Charis Designs said...

Oh MY Goodness- I've been looking at your jewelry creations, which are beautiful, and just happened to glance at your bio. I went to Southfield Christian a long time ago and still stay in contact with friends from back then. My parents were missionaries and Highland Park Baptist( which was what it was then) was our home church. It gets to be a small world! I'm inviting you to follow my blog as well: www.charisdesignsjewelry.blogspot.com. Have a blessed day! Christie

Karen Bosch said...

So nice to hear from you, Christie. Small world! Always interesting to make connections. I just took a quick look at your blog - lovely jewelry! Look forward to doing some exploring when I have a bit more time.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin