Sunday, January 13, 2008

Salmon and Spinach


I made this dish a few days ago. I was playing around with a recipe I found in an ad for McCormick seasonings in Bon Appetit. I liked it, but didn't love it, so I'm not going to give the recipe - it needs further work! It involved marinating the salmon in orange juice, olive oil, and thyme. Before cooking you cover it with a rub of brown sugar, paprika, cinnamon, orange peel, salt, and thyme. I served baby spinach on the side which I dressed with fresh orange juice and olive oil and fresh thyme. The flavor of the orange and cinnamon mixed with the paprika is unique - it is supposed to be a dish with a Spanish flair. I guess I have other salmon recipes that I love a lot more, so I probably won't hurry back to this one!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin