I used this oatmeal cookie recipe from Food Blogga as a base. Easy. Yummy! The cookies have a nice crusty outside and are soft and chewy inside.
Without wasting words, here is the recipe:
Chunky Choco-Cranberry Heart Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. By hand, stir the dry ingredients together in a large bowl:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
6. Bake cookies for 18 minutes, or until golden on top. Let cool for about 5 minutes on a baking rack (to cool the bottoms) before removing from the mold.
7. Let cool. Then fill a small zip bag with about 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Microwave for about a minute or until the chocolate melts. Snip a corner of the bag, then drizzle on top of the cookies.
Makes about 3 dozen.