Saturday, April 26, 2008

Salsarita's

The other day I was running some errands on Rochester Road up in Troy and came across Salsarita's - a Mexican Cantina restaurant that I hadn't seen before. I needed to grab some lunch so I decided to check it out.


It had a cute decor with Mexican tile and colorful murals. It was similar to a Baja Fresh, where you order your food at the counter. I ordered a barbeque chicken pizza. Chips and salsa were separate (no salsa bar), so I got a combo that included them and a drink.


The moment I saw them start to make the pizza, I knew I wouldn't love it. They put the toppings on a very thin tortilla which had been already baked and was brown. The toppings were great, but I just didn't like the crust. The salsa was good with fresh cilantro (but I like Baja Fresh's salsa better). The chips were ok - very thin, a bit oily, and I thought they needed more salt. So my opinion was that it was ok. However, I could see that they were grilling the chicken behind the counter and it looked really good. I'd be willing to try it again and order something else - they had lots of other options. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing.


It looks like Salsarita's is a franchise and there are other locations in Ann Arbor and Brighton with more coming in the Detroit metro area.

1 comment:

The Apron Queen said...

Couldn't stay away for S&T Sunday! Missed the button challenge, so decided to show off my vintage buttons! You can go right over here.

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

PS You're making me hungry!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin