Saturday, April 12, 2008

Trader Joe Treasures Week - Day Six - Cantare Olive Tapenade


This fresh tapenade is a yummy mix of green and black olives with feta cheese and olive oil. I've used it on pasta and sandwiches. But I especially like to combine it with the Seeded Harvest Boule artisan bread:


I brush the bread on the bottom with a bit of olive oil and slather the top with tapenade. Sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on top and stick in the toaster oven for a couple minutes. Voila! - easy tapinade bruschetta, perfect for a quick snack or a light lunch! Or a great appetizer for when you have company!


Well, that's my last entry for Trader Joe Treasures week (Somehow I missed posting on Thursday, oh well, but I gave you two treasures for today!) I'll do it again sometime - I know at least one person told me they enjoyed it, and I have plenty of other products to share!

1 comment:

melissa said...

It really WAS interesting to see these Trader Joe treasures that you enjoy.

I have to admit that there are products that we are drawn to there - such as unsalted tortilla chips, black refried beans, & white mac n' cheese - but it's also been a couple of years since we've visited a Trader Joe's!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin