Friday, March 13, 2009

Majestic Cafe - Detroit


On our last symphony night we ate at the Majestic Cafe which is located a couple blocks north of Symphony Hall and is a part of a block long complex that includes several restaurants and the famous "Rock 'n Bowl" bowling alley. This is the second time we've eaten here in the past year and both time it has been an enjoyable meal.


The restaurant has a hip urban atmosphere with brick walls that are filled with art. As you walk in you are greeted with this big tray of deserts and I am proud to say I resisted the temptation (as I knew I was heading out for the cruise in the next few days)!


The daily specials are listed on a chalkboard and they always sound so tempting. I ordered one of them - a Pork Loin that had good sauce (cherry something, maybe, I can't remember now), I just remember that I wished it had more of it! It was served with asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes.


I think Patty had the best meal though. She let me have a taste of her Chicken Carbonara Fetticcine and that is definitely what I will order next time! The creamy sauce was filled with wild mushrooms and prosciutto. It tasted savory and rich and definitely yummy! So I hope we make another trip so I can eat a whole bowl of it instead of a taste!

1 comment:

YayaOrchid said...

All those dishes look so good! Looks like a great time was had by all.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin