Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cafe at Westborn Market - Berkley

I love to shop at the Westborn Market in Berkley. Since they remodeled, it is a food and flower lovers paradise. But you might be surprised to know that it also is a great place to get lunch on the weekend! A few years ago when I was shopping on a Saturday, I was enticed by the aroma of grilled burgers. I seldom eat red meat, but I just couldn't resist having a cheeseburger with grilled onions when my shopping is done. This year, they have made a little cafe area next to the grill and the herbs where you can sit under umbrellas to eat.

They've also added more items to their menu. The burgers are a bit larger (and a bit more expensive) and the grilled onions are gone, but they've added turkey burgers, pulled pork, and other goodies that feature products made in Michigan. The turkey burgers are really good - they have dried cherries inside which actually tastes great!


Recently I decided to give a taste test to the pulled pork with the cherry barbeque sauce. It came with coleslaw (I don't like creamy coleslaw, too bad they didn't have something I could substitute). The sauce is very good. Thought it could have a better tasting bun. I also bought a diet cherry soda from Cherry Republic - very sweet!! They also have bottles of Faygo to go with their promotion of Michigan products.

And my sandwich came with a killer brownie bite which was way too small!!

So if you are out grocery shopping on the weekend, you might consider a lunch break at Westborn!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

looks delicious! I have to stay away from Westborn because it's not so friendly with my wallet :) I'm never allowed to go there on an empty stomach or I'm lethal!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin