Saturday, December 19, 2009

Something to Watch - No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

I have been a fan of the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency book series by Alexander McCall Smith for several years. Recently HBO made a TV show out of the series and it now is out on DVD. I've watched the first couple episodes (I've been able to get them at our local library) and I really think they capture the flavor of the books. The photography of Africa is wonderful and Jill Scott plays the main character with sweetness and sass. Here is the preview to the series:



If you have not heard of this series, it is the story of a "traditionally built woman" in Botswana who opens her own detective agency. I like this book because the mysteries are not violent or explicit and the stories have a gentle, fun spirit. The lives and problems of the main characters are simple and have a dusty charm to them.

Here is a link to more information on the DVD. I hoping to be able to watch the rest of the series over Christmas vacation.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin