Friday, August 30, 2013

Be Thou My Vision


It is back to school time for me.  Recently at church we sang my favorite hymn "Be Thou My Vision." It was a good reminder as I start a new year to keep God first and foremost in everything I do and plan as I teach.  I adopted the phrase as my theme for the new year and made a "chalkboard" style poster to put in my classroom as a reminder.  (Click on the image above for a larger version - it is free for your personal use.)


Another phrase from the hymn is "Naught be all else to me, save that thou art."  I know all the "thous" are old fashioned, but sometimes I think it is a good poetic way to remind myself to reverence God.


As my last little creative fling of the summer, I made a soldered charm using the two images and wore it on the first day of school.  I really love how this turned out - hopefully can try it again with some other phrases.












1 comment:

peggy said...

Karen, I love it. It is my very favorite hymn too. I would love to see His vision in every classroom and home. Not even to mention the leaders of our nation. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin