Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Vintage Tablecloth Bed Canopy



So I had a little fun last week creating a canopy for my bed out of two vintage tablecloths.  I thought it turned out rather cute!


I was inspired by this display at Ikea.  I have the same bed and loved how they draped the fabric to make a simply canopy.


I sewed two tablecloths together.  I took the fringe off of an old chenille bedspread that I had cut up for other projects and basted that onto one edge.  I used inexpensive curtain rods from Ikea and pipe clamps.


The ceiling is slanted where the wall paper starts.  Simply tucked the clamp in behind the paneling here without a screw.  Next summer hope to take down the wallpaper and paint the pinewood paneling white.


I added old white shutters on each side.  I recently bought matching night stands from Meijers which flank each side of the bed.


And a few of my key necklaces hanging on the shutters.


Another look - the pillows are also vintage hankies and fabrics.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin