Sunday, December 16, 2007

Winter Wonderland


I woke at 5 am to THUNDERSNOW! Yes, lightning and thunder in a snow storm, a sure sign that it is snowing heavily. By 10 am we had a good 7 to 8 inches, I'd say. I bundled up and powered up my snowblower, which (as you know) I did test out yesterday! I got half the drive done, and was zooming down the sidewalks so I could do the neighbors' walks. I was praising God for the person who invented the snowblower! Yes, and as I finished the neighbor's sidewalk and returned to my yard, the snowblower stops blowing snow. The engine was running, but the blades that turn to pick up the snow weren't moving. Alas! No more snowblower, which I had been blessing and praising just moments before! So I finished the rest of the driveway by shovel.

That's what I get for eating Christmas cookies for breakfast! I guess I need to burn off some of the calories for those cookies (and all the other Christmas goodies that I baked yesterday and have been nibbling on ever since.) Anyway, stay tuned. Recipes for some of the goodies will be coming soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin