Monday, March 17, 2008

Coconut Cupcakes


I have had this recipe from the 101 Cookbooks blog tucked away for over a year. Yes, I know that the picture on their website shows nice frosty cupcakes with snowmen on top. But to me, a coconut cupcake is the perfect spring nest for a few pastel jelly beans. Hopefully a batch of these can encourage the warmer weather to come a bit sooner.

I followed the recipe pretty much as in the link above, so you can go there if you are interested in the recipe (or you can just stay here and drool as you look at the picture). I think next time I might leave out the nutmeg and maybe try coconut flavoring instead of the vanilla. And I made the cupcakes in regular cupcake liners instead of the jumbo size. It made about 20 cupcakes and it took 15/20 minutes to bake.

Oh yes, I have a lot of frosting leftover! Is that a good thing? Bad thing? Both?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin