Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Gateway to Narnia


This beautiful picture was taken several years ago at Cathedral Cove on the north island of New Zealand. I discovered that it now is the "gateway into Narnia" in the new Prince Caspian movie that is coming out in a few months. Check out this preview of the movie and you'll see almost the exact same shot.




I have loved the Chronicles of Narnia since my brother gave a boxed set for Christmas and I first read them in college. They were a fresh metaphor for me to use in thinking about my Christian faith. When I was a classroom teacher I always read one of them aloud - often "The Silver Chair." My personal favorite is "Voyage of the Dawn Treader." "Prince Caspian" is probably my least favorite of the series, but I have fresh motivation to see the movie now when it comes out because I know I have played on the beach where they set part of the film!

By the way, Cathedral Cove is a stunning place. We hiked about a mile along the bays of the Coromandel Peninsula to reach the cove. We had several gray rainy days in New Zealand, but this weather was perfect on this morning. Here is another view of the other side of the cove - you can see this view in the preview as well:

By the way, if you want to see more of our pictures of New Zealand and Australia, they are posted here: Down Under Digest

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin