Saturday, April 11, 2009

Crazy Quilt Teddy Bear


For my final post on Craxy Quilt Week, here is a sweet teddy bear that I crazy quilted. The pattern is from the book Bullion Stitch Embroidery: From Roses to Wildflowers (Milner Craft Series)
- however I changed the design to a use crazy quilt patches and did my own embroidery designs. After making sections of crazy quilt out of fabric, I drew the pattern pieces on them with pencil. Then I added the embroidery stitches onto the pieces before cutting them out and sewing them together.


The bear is fully jointed in the arms, legs, and head.


Close up of the foot - pretty stitches and felt foot pads .


I hope that you enjoyed this peak at my crazy quilting!



1 comment:

peggy said...

He's so beautiful too, and you did the really hard part of making a bear, the FOOT PAD. If you've ever made a bear, you will appreciate how nicely yours is made.Not to mention all that gorgeous embroidery.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin