Saturday, April 4, 2009

Multigrain Pasta with Oven Roasted Tomatoes


Oven roasted tomatoes are wonderful to use in pasta. I recently made a batch (see directions here). I used quite a bit of olive oil so the oil would be infused with the tomato flavor that could be tossed with some pasta. I also added some onions into the pan so they would caramelize.



Here is the multigrain pasta that I used from Trader Joe's. And it may be one of those products that Trader Joe's no longer carries (boohoo) but any whole grain pasta would work.

After roasting the tomatoes, I tossed them (and the oil) with the pasta. Then I added some grilled chicken, olives, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and some dried Italian Seasoning. Also a bit of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Really, anything that you have on hand works fine! I topped with a bit more olive oil and had a wonderful pasta for lunch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin