Thursday, June 11, 2009

Soldered Lace Charms

When I started making the soldered charms, my friend Sally sent me pictures of some charms she had bought at a craft show with lace embedded between the glass. What a great idea! Now that my elbow is getting better I was able to play around with making a few more charms. I'm getting the hang of the soldering, but still am struggling to cut the glass straight and get the jump rings on top. I just bought a little "jewelers hand" gizmo that hopefully will help make doing the jump rings easier.

I experimented with making made several charms with little dangles underneath.


For my friend's birthday, I made her this simple little charm on a silver chain:


And since chains are so popular right now, I also made her a longer chain with a couple of charms on one side and some silver loops on the other side.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

These are beautiful Karen! Very interested in the "soldered charm" movement and appreciate your progress!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin