Friday, February 15, 2008

Bagger Dave's


Shhhhhh, don't tell my doctor.....

Yesterday morning I had my cholesterol checked. And then I went to Bagger Dave's for lunch...

This restaurant opened in Berkley recently and the parking lot always looks full. I usually don't eat a lot of red meat or fried food, but decided to make an exception. I just had that craving for a nice burger.

Inside the restaurant is decorated with wood paneling and brick and an electric train that runs between the two rooms. The menu is basically burgers and fries, with a few other sandwiches thrown in. I had a regular burger with 2 patties of meat and my friend had a barbeque burger. Next time I would try the turkey burger. I liked all the choices they gave to customize the burger - different buns, cheeses, and a large variety of toppings that you can add for free. I had cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, grilled onions, and green olives. We ordered both the regular fries and the sweet potato fries (with sea salt and honey). The fries are fried in "healthy" peanut oil.

We both like the burgers. The regular fries were good, but the sweet potato fries were so disappointing. They were soft and limp - we left half of them behind.

I thought it was a nice place to go for a burger. I liked the toppings, and may try the turkey burger sometime as take out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin