Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cuban Chicken Stew



This is an easy recipe using Trader Joe's Cuban Mojito Simmer Sauce. You can do this with many variations, but this is what I used:

1 jar Trader Joe's Cuban Mojito Sauce
3 chicken breasts, chopped in cubes
1/2 large onion, chopped in large chunks
2 peppers (I used red and yellow) chopped in large chunks
fresh pineapple chopped in bite sized chunks
cilantro

Season the chicken with salt and pepper (I used a seasoned salt mix). Brown the chicken in a large pan that is coated with olive oil. Remove when browned on both sides.

Add the onion and pepper and a little more olive oil. Saute for about 5 minutes until softened. Return the chicken and add the sauce. Simmer until chicken is cooked, for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the fresh pineapple and cilantro.

Note: I like to serve it over brown rice.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I just added that mojito sauce to my TJ's shopping list. I hope to try this recipe out soon.

Anonymous said...

Trader Joe's has discontinued the Cuban Mojito sauce .They say sales weren't good enough to give it shelf space. They did say that they sometimes bring back products if there is enough customer interest. If you like the Cuban Mojitio sauce and want to see it back on the shelves, go to the TJ website and leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin