Saturday, May 10, 2008

Nutella Ice Cream


So recently I read in Chocolate and Zucchini and The Amateur Gourmet about this easy Nutella ice cream recipe that everyone has been raving about. Sounded like a good excuse to break out the Cuisinart Ice Cream machine for the first homemade ice cream of the season. Here are the simple directions for my version:

Nutella Ice Cream

1 13 ounce jar of Nutella
1 12 ounce can of evaporated milk (I used Carnation)

Blend the Nutella and evaporated milk in a food processor or blender until smooth and combined. Chill. Then put into the the ice cream machine and blend according to directions until frozen, about a half hour. That's it!!!

This batch doesn't quite make a full batch of ice cream - I think you could add a little more milk or cream if you wanted to stretch it farther. It is rich and yummy with a slightly different texture than custard based ice cream, but totally delicious! I'm wondering if this would work with peanut butter - maybe I'll try that next time. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

will have to buy an ice cream maker and try this!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin