Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cafe Muse - Royal Oak

Cafe Muse in downtown Royal Oak has been getting buzz recently because it was featured on Oprah for its grilled cheese sandwich. My friend Andrea and I visited for breakfast last week. It is a small quaint place with a pretty little area to eat on the sidewalk. (Expect a wait on the weekend.)

They had a selection of Harney teas - I love their teas, so that was nice!

Andrea ordered the French Toast stuffed with Mascarpone and topped with a Pear Compote. She let me have a taste and it was wonderful. It reminded me of the French toast I had at D'Amato's last week, but this version was a little better and had 3 slices instead of 2.


I got the "Plain Jane Scramble" with cheddar and chives. Now, I think my dad makes the best eggs in the world, but these probably come in second place. Soft, perfectly cheesy and seasoned just right. It came with pretty slices of orange, melon, pineapple, and grapefruit as garnish. I had the sweet potatoes with a peanut sauce which were ok, I'm not overly fond of sweet potatoes, so next time I would try the garlic fingerling potatoes. And the toast was a bit too crunchy for my taste. But the eggs were the best!

Of course, I forgot my camera and my cell phone, so the picture are from Andrea's phone, which sent very these small images via the web. But I'm sure I will be back before the summer is done. (Their desserts sound yummy, so that's motivation enough!) When I go back, I promise to post more pictures!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin