Monday, October 1, 2012

Apple Distinguished Educator Global Institute 2012


Forgive me for being so late with posting about my second wonderful trip that I took during the summer. In mid July, I had the privilege of attending the first ever Apple Distinguished Educator Global Institute in Cork, Ireland. I joined 213 educators from 23 countries to learn about new technology tools, hear from outstanding educational and creative leaders, and work on planning new content for iTunesU.

 

It was amazing to connect with teachers from around the world. On the first evening we had a "Share Fair" where each country/region gave away goodies and presented about education and technology in their location. Above you can see some of the colorful items being given away by the delegation from Mexico.

 

During the institute, we work on a group project that is presented at the end of the conference to everyone. Here I am presenting with my group - teachers from Canada, England, and Singapore. We are working at developing an iTunesU Course on iPad/iPod photography that will include a iBook guide for students.

 

We did have one day during the conference when we took tours to Blarney Castle (above), downtown Cork, and the seaside town of Kinsale.

 

I arranged to stay a couple extra days in Ireland to do a bit more site seeing. It is a gorgeous country with the most friendly and helpful people I have ever met. Above is one of my favorite places, on the Dingle peninsula. This is a typical view with green fields, coastline, stone fences, and sheep. I'm very grateful that I was given the opportunity to attend this exceptional conference - special thanks to Apple for planning such a wonderful learning experience!  

I will be posting more pictures showing the beautiful sightseeing that I was able to do before and after the trip.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin