Monday, January 21, 2008

Clever Quilts


This week is going to be "quilt week" at Clever Karen. Each day (or so) I'm going to show one of the quilts that I've made. Disclaimer: I am not an expert quilter. I'm mostly self taught. Don't look too closely - my points don't match and I usually do the quilting by machine and it doesn't always stay in the ditch and sometimes things aren't perfectly square. I am not a perfectionist when it comes to quilting!


What I do love is scrappy quilts with a mix of fabrics. I love combining the fabrics as if they were different colors of paint.

This quilt is based on a square I saw on TV on Simply Quilts. I can't remember the name of the square and I'm too lazy right now to go out on the internet and research it - maybe someone reading this can help me out. I like the kinda op art pinwheel effect that it gives when you stare at it. And I love buttons, plus they cover up the poor matching I have on my corners.

Stay tuned - more quilts will be coming!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin