Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tribute

I've always wanted to eat at Tribute - a four star restaurant in the metro Detroit area. Over the past half year they have been advertising a 20 dollar, 2 course, prix fixe lunch. Today I met a friend there and we treated ourselves to a post holiday celebration where we could exchange Christmas presents.

It looks small from the outside, and I thought the valet parking was a bit ridiculous when they ended up parking the car about 5 spaces from the door! The inside is very plush and we sat at these circular booths with very high backs.

My friend had a potato leak soup with roasted garlic that was drizzled with white truffle oil. Ooooh, this was really good!

For an entre my friend had salmon with Israeli couscous drizzled with some 20 year old balsamic. My entre was monkfish on a bed of kalamata olive pesto with spinach and carmelized fennel and bacon. The portion size was somewhat small (and looked even smaller on the huge long serving plates), but every bite was delicious!


I opted for the dessert - a chocolate creme brulee topped with fresh berries. Really yummy!

The wait staff was attentive - we had lots of coffee and tea. It was a nice treat and a nice way to try out a classy restaurant!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin