Sunday, May 25, 2008

Almond Toffee Bars


I saw this recipe a few weeks ago on the Alpineberry blog, and I knew it would be one of those great easy recipes to bring to school for a treat. I used crunched up Heath bars, but I think you could add all kinds of fun chocolaty treats and nuts to this recipe. My teacher friends did not hesitate to dig into this pan of bars, and since many of them asked for the recipe, here it is (my version):

Almond Toffee Bars

Crust:

1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, melted (1/2 cup)
1 egg

Mix crust ingredients together. Press into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. (The crust will be a bit puffy but not done.)

Filling:

1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
4 Heath candy bars, chopped
1 cup sliced slivered almonds.

While the crust is baking, mix the filling ingredients together. Pour over the warm crust and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. The top should be slightly golden brown. Cool before cutting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin