Sunday, May 4, 2008

No Measure Recipes 1 - Chicken and Spinach Mac and Cheese



So after I wrote the post about the fruit crisp made with leftovers, I realized how much cooking I do with the "no measure" method. Clever Karen decided that there might be some others out there too lazy to measure who might enjoy some ideas of easy things to cook. So here is the first of what may turn out to be a "no measure" series - Chicken and Spinach Mac and Cheese.

The idea for this came from a comment from Melissa back when I was doing Trader Joe's week. She mentioned that she used to buy the White Cheddar Mac and Cheese at Trader Joe's. Now I am not a fan of boxed mac and cheese, but I am a huge fan of White Cheddar Cheezits! So anything white cheddar can't be all bad!

The box stayed tucked in my pantry until a Friday night when I need a quick and comforting meal. I cooked the package according to directions, then tossed in some fresh cracked pepper, Parmesan cheese, grilled chicken strips, and some baby spinach that I had snipped into pieces. In about 10 minutes I had a easy creamy pasta. Not as good as a handful of White Cheddar Cheezits, but probably a better option for supper!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin