Friday, January 16, 2009

Provence Smock Apron

Brrrrr, school closed today due to extreme cold! My laptop says the temperature is 9 below with windchill at 30 below or more. Good morning to have my laptop in my lap to keep me warm and try to catch up with my blogging.


Here's one more apron that I made as a Christmas gift. This is the Provence Smock apron from the A Is for Apron: 25 Fresh & Flirty Designs
book I picked up in Shipshewana last summer. (This also is the pattern I started making with upside down toile!)

Of course the book had the pattern on a single page that needed to be enlarged. I used a clever trick to do it. I scanned the page and then loaded it into the BlockPoster site. This is a site where you can upload an image and then it will divide it up into pieces and print each section. I enlarged to 4 x 4 and printed. Then I taped all the pages together and my pattern was the correct size!!


I used fabric from the Moda Next collection. I really like how the straps cross the back - I think that is quite cute!


And to finish it off, I added a unique vintage button from my stash in the front!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin