Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fresh Peach Drop Cookies


These are some interesting cookies that I made using this recipe from Martha Stewart. (Since I made the recipe pretty much without any changes, I am just linking without typing the recipe here.) I liked these fresh from the oven - they were soft but with a little crispiness on the edge. A bit like a cross between a snickerdoodle and a peach muffin. They really have a unique flavor.

However, when they sit overnight, they get very soft and sticky! One of my teacher friends who tried one said they almost are like a muffin top, and I agree. I found that if I stuck them in my toaster oven for a few minutes they crisped up again, but you have to watch that you don't burn them.

You do need to bake these on parchment paper. I only had a small piece of paper left, so I tried baking them on a silpat. And usually bake on on airbake cookie sheet so the bottoms of cookies don't get too brown. However, I found that on the airbake and silpat that the dough spreads too much. They stay a bit more puffy on a regular cookie sheet. Even with all that, I didn't think they were a very attractive cookie.

So even though I liked the taste of these, there were some issues with the recipe. Actually, I wonder if it would be better as a muffin, rather than a cookie??? If I test it that way, I'll let you know!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin