Monday, August 11, 2008

Picture This!

My walls are freshly painted and I am putting things back in order. My back hallway had stenciling on it that had to be covered over when I painted. I was a bit sad to lose the stencils and the hall looked so empty. Here is an easy display that I put up to fill the space:


The clipboards are cheap ones I bought at Office Depot. I printed off some pictures from my trip out west using iPhoto. I love how you can print the pictures and customize them with printed mats - it just makes them look so finished and classy, I think. This is such an uncluttered look for me - I usually decorate with layers and layers of stuff. I think it will be easy and fun to change the pictures and the things hanging here.


I also have an old punched tin door from a pie safe that I have been using as a display board. Right now I have some scrapbook pages of the canyons from this summer displayed on it. I hung them on the board using magnets with an antique button glued on top.




So there's a couple of quick and clever ways to display pictures!

4 comments:

melissa said...

I like the clipboard idea - very clever! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the clipboard "frames"!

Rebekah said...

those clipboard frames are such a great idea! Cute hallway!

Unknown said...

I love those clipboard frames. I didn't know iPhoto would print mats. Would you mind emailing me & explaining how to do it? We haven't had our Mac very long & I'm still discovering new things it can do. So far I LOVE it!!!

Hey, my dd was just in Detroit last night. She's going to school in Jackson so she flew to Detroit & took a bus from there. We're hoping to come visit her sometime during the school year.

Ann
abcbooksbyann @ comcast.net

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin